I love gnomes. I love gnomes A LOT. Yesterday I received yet another gnome stamp set from Taylored expressions. That is right, Taylored expressions came out with two (that I know of) gnome themed stamp sets. Of all of the gnome stamp sets that I own (and I own several) this might be my favorite. I LOVE the little houses and toadstools, I especially love the clever sentiments.

In this card, the tall toadstool, the gnome, the sentiment, and the house came from Taylored Expressions. The stamp set’s name is Under the Toadstool. The toadstool die, at the base, was a random un-named die that I got off of a BST site, and the background stamp is from a stamp company called Peachy Keen Stamps which is no longer in business.

For the background I double stamped the image, stamping the first round on some scratch paper and the second on my Neenah Solar White 80lb paper. Then I Copic colored the background stamp set using Copics: E13, E23, E25, R02, R05, R12, R,22 and Y38. I used the same Copics to color the toadstool border die and added G07, YG17, and YG25 for the grass. Those toadstools also received some random dots of white from my Gelli Roll pen.

The images from Taylored Expressons were stamped in the same fashion as the background stamp, and colored using the same Copics as above plus: B00, B04, B02, C4, E00, E11, E18, E21, NO, N2, N6,  R14, R17, T1, Y38, YR12, YR68, O. You can still see the black lines on these images but they don’t stand out as much as they would have had I used the original stamped image.

The stitched oval frame came from Lil’ Inker Designs. I centered and cut it out of some Neenah Solar White 110lb cardstock, I then colored it using my blending tool with Crushed Olive Distress Ink. The background got hit with some Tea Dye Distress Ink, and the “gnote” banner (that was hand cut after it was stamped with Momento Black Ink) was colored with Antique Linen and Crushed Olive distress inks.

When it came to building the card I applied one layer of mounting tape around the background panel. The front panel was taped, using scor-tape, to a clear sheet of acetate. I then layered my images on it and glued them down using Multi Media Matte, I made sure I added glue to the parts that would sit on the acetate and on the paper. Both the acetate and the mounting tape got hit with my embossing buddy to help keep the sequins from attaching to the edges of the tape and to the acetate. Before removing the mounting tape film I added a variety of sequins in browns and greens. Finally, I glued both the background and the foreground panels together.

This whole sandwich was then glued to a card base made of Neenah Solar White in 110lb using scor-tape. It is an A2 top folding card.
untitled-1-of-1

You’ll see more of these stamps, because I LOVE them so much! Thank you for viewing!

untitled-1-of-5

Follow me on Instagram by searching: Fanciful Spaces

Follow me on Facebook by searching: Fanciful Spaces

Facebook
Facebook
YouTube
Pinterest
Pinterest
Instagram

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Social media & sharing icons powered by UltimatelySocial