Don’t you just love the popular culture stamps that Kindred Stamps produces? I do! I LOVE the Back in Time set, it reminds me of a certain, epic, 80’s movie. What movie does it remind you of?
I was REALLY excited that it came out around the same time as Concord & 9th’s Sunshine Turnabout stamp was released. To me, that turnabout stamp looked just like stars warping past a screen, like in Star Wars when the Millennium Falcon blasts into Hyperdrive. I KNEW that I had to use that stamp to create a similar feeling.
I used the Turnabout stamp to create blue/green lines out of Distress Oxide inks and then I embossed them with WOW! Clear Embossing Powder. I had to turn my stamp several times in order to get the look I wanted, but with a stamping platform, it was EASY! I wasn’t too worried about the center point, I knew I would cover it up. Once I had enough lines that I was happy with, I used Distress Inks to color the rest of an A2 sized piece of cardstock. I knew I wanted the background black, but I also wanted to have a touch of color, in case I didn’t get full coverage.
Hopefully, I achieved my desired effect: one of zooming towards the future full of 80s fun! If you want to snag yours at a discount, you can use HANNAH10 at checkout!
- Back in Time - Kindred Stamps
- Sunshine Turnabout - Concord & 9th
- Party Banners - Spellbinders
- A2 Matting Basics B - Spellbinders
- Neenah Solar White Cardstock in 80 and 110 lb
- Momento Tuxedo Black
- VersaMark Watermark Ink
- Twisted Citron Distress Oxide
- Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide
- Candied Apple Distress Ink
- Abandoned Coral Distress Ink
- Carved Pumpkin Distress Ink
- Hero Arts Silver Embossing Powder
- Kokuyo Tape Glue Dot Liner