Summer has certainly been here in Ohio for a while! While we’ve had a few beautiful days where the temperature and the humidity has been low, most of the time it has been HOT and HUMID. I don’t do humidity, it is a MAJOR migraine trigger for me. :/ I love the idea of summer, but I don’t love it when it hits. I can’t wait for winter, am I alone in this?
While I may pine for winter, I still do love all things summer themed! Like I LOVE pineapples, and I LOVE the Be a Pineapple stamp set from Kindred Stamps! I love this stamp set so much that I made two cards to showcase the set!
For this first card, I stamped my image onto some Neenah Solar White card stock and colored it with Copic Markers. I really love how this image doesn’t have the “pineapple lines”, this makes creating dimension so much more fun! I adhered the image onto a tag I had cut out and colored with Distress Oxides. I also had colored an additional tag with Oxides and then embossed the sentiment onto it. I LOVE how perfectly they fit on these MFT tags! I also really like the look of the twine I threaded through these tags.
I did use foam tape to pop one tag up above the other tag, and the addition of colored shimmer spray really added a special touch to the background. There were a lot of separate elements to this card that make it special, but they were all quick and easy to do. This card came together wonderfully quick!
My second card is utilizing only the sentiment from the set. I ADORE all of the different fonts and sizes going on, the sentiment alone is all a card needs sometimes.
I embossed the sentiment from a panel of Bubblegum Pink cardstock from My Favorite Things. Then I die cut it out using a die from Lil’ Inker Designs. Using the same cardstock I embossed the pineapples using a background stamp from My Favorite Things and then die cut both the rectangle AND the same size oval I had used for the sentiment. I nestled them onto each other on a card base and then embossed the outside rectangle to finish off the look.
As quick and easy as the first card was, this one was even quicker! If I were to re-do this card I would probably emboss the outside with only one powder, instead of the two that I used. The more I looked at it the more I wish I had just stuck with the Brutus Monroe Penny.
I hope you aren’t dying, like I am, from heat and humidity this summer. If you are enjoying this weather than I am very pleased for you! I am SURE you will love this stamp set though! If you order it, make sure you use HANNAH10 at checkout, you’ll save several pennies. That discount works for your entire stamp purchase, so it could save you a bunch of dollars! 😉
Please comment below on how you are fairing this summer, and if I have inspired you. Thank you so much!
- Be a Pineapple - Kindred Stamps
- BG Pineapple Background - My Favorite Things
- Die-namics Tag Builder Blueprints 2 - My Favorite Things
- Vertical Stripes Cover Panel Confetti Cuts - Reverse Confetti
- Stitched Mats: Dual Stitched Rectangles - Lil' Inker Designs
- Stitched Mats: Ovals - Lil' Inker Designs
- Bubblegum Cardstock - My Favorite Things
- Both Yellow and Orange are from Stamp'n Up
- Broken China - Distress Oxide
- Cracked Pistachio - Distress Oxide
- Worn Lipstick - Distress Oxide
- Momento Tuxedo Black
- Versamark Watermark Ink
- Golden Peach Embossing Powder - Altenew
- Penny Embossing Powder - Brutus Monroe
- Gold Embossing Powder - Hero Arts
- Butter Color Shine Spray - Heidi Swapp
- Salmon Color Shine Spray - Heidi Swapp
- Kokuyo Tape Glue Dot Liner
- EK tools Adhesive Foam Strips