Unicorns are totally my thing. I love them so much, and I collect a LOT of unicorn stamps, so many that sadly a lot go unused. Fortunately, this Unicorn Dreams stamp set by Pinkfresh Studio gets used rather frequently. 😀 I love how regal it looks, the detail on its body, and the accent flowers that come along with it.
I was inspired to create this card to send to a specific special friend, she doesn’t know it is heading her way so don’t tell her! Someone out there just needs a smile on her face and she loves unicorns, so this card was created just for her.
I have really been loving the Catherine Pooler inks lately. I would hope I would, I have almost the entire current collection. I love how they interact with each other and complement one another. I love that being dye ink I can paint with them! I LOVE painting with them! For an example of other creations, I’ve made using them as paint search no further than here!
This card was stamped on Arches Cold Pressed Paper and I used a variety of embossing powders to achieve my final look, as well as one stamp set from My Favorite Things.
Creating this card:
- First, I stamped out the unicorn and the flowers using Brutus Monroe Embossing Ink. For the unicorn, I sprinkled Altenew’s Rose Gold Embossing Powder and heat set that over the embossing ink. The flowers were done in the same way, however, the green was just some random green embossing powder I had purchased several years ago.
- Second, I painted the unicorn and the flowers using Catherine Pooler Inks. Believe it or not, I only used a few of the colors to create this magical scene! Green Tea, Bellini, Tiara, Sauna, and Be Mine the mystery color from one of the resent SOA boxes. All you need to do, to paint with these inks, is to smoosh a bit of your ink pad onto a pallet and go! It is as easy as that! You can dilute the color to your liking with your paintbrush as you paint.
- Third, I cut out a hillside, out of the same watercolor paper, and painted it with my inks. I used Lime Rickey and Green Tea.
- Fourth, there were a lot of ways I could have made a cloudy sky, but I thought that if I embossed white embossing powder to some watercolor paper using the BG Wavy Coloring Book Background from My Favorite Things it would look unique and add some movement/magic to my card. So, that is exactly what I did! I painted the background using CP’s Day Dream and It’s a Boy.
- Fifth, I cut a bit of fun foam to elevate my hillside and adhered it to the hill using Scor-Tape. With it in place, but not adhered down, I glued some of my flowers down using Ranger Multi Medium Matte. Then I removed the Scor-Tape backing and placed my hillside down.
- Sixth, because my unicorn was going to be placed on an already elevated surface I needed to elevate the bulk of the rest of him that went off of the surface. This was achieved with more fun foam and Scor-Tape! Before he was firmly taped down, however, I glued down the flowers that would be set behind him and on the hillside. Underneath the bigger ones, I supported them with a touch of fun foam as well.
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/html/wp-content/themes/pixgraphy/single-card.php on line 108