Hi there! Today I’m sharing an ATC card that I created some time ago for a swap. I can’t believe that I’m JUST NOW getting around to sharing it, but it was important to do so soon because another swap by the same host is on the horizon!
My great friend Marcia at The Frolicking Fairy has been hosting ATC swaps for a couple of months now.
If you’re not familiar with a swap: A swap is where you create several works of art that are all the same, or similar, and mail them to a host(ess) by a deadline. The host dispenses all of the works of art out to the participants equally. If you send 6 items in, you’ll get 6 items back from different artists! It is SUPER fun to see the amazing creations you are sent!
If you’re not familiar with an ATC: ATC stands for an Artist Trading Card. These are small works of art that usually measure about 2.5 x 3.5 inches. They fit perfectly in a plastic baseball sleeve for protection, display, and storage.
- I started by playing with the background, both smooshing Distress Inks (Shaded Lilac and Tattered Rose) onto watercolor paper and painting with Catherine Pooler Inks (Pixie Dust and Be Mine).
- Then I colored my unicorns out with Copic Markers, I followed that up with cutting them out.
- The backgrounds, once they were dried and cut down, were sprayed with Tattered Angels Shimmer Spray, and I ran over the edges with Delicata Silver Ink. The heart was created using a stencil (Geometric Heart Stencil by Echo Park), Deco Foil Transfer Gel, and Irridescent Silver Deco Foil by Thermo Web.
- The sentiment was embossed using Brutus Monroe Embossing Ink and Hero Arts Silver Embossing Powder.
I sent 9 off to Marcia, and the 9 I got back were each as fabulous!
Marcia has another swap whose deadline is coming soon, and this one has a theme! Salty!
Technically the sign-up deadline is over, but I’m sure she’ll be willing to accept a latecomer or two. 😉 In case you’re interested in participating! It is SO MUCH FUN! To learn more, visit her here: ATC Swap: Salty! – The Frolicking Fairy
- Majestic AF - Ink Road Stamps
- Arches Cold Pressed Watercolor Paper
- Neenah Solar White 80lb
- Gravel Gray Card Stock - My Favorite Things
- Shaded Lilac - Distress Oxide
- Tattered Rose - Distress Oxide
- Pixie Dust - Catherine Pooler
- Be Mine - Catherine Pooler
- Silver - Delicata
- Embossing Ink - Brutus Monroe
- Deco Foil Transfer Gel - Thermo Web
- Irridescent Silver Foil - Thermo Web
- Geometric Heart Stencil - Echo Park
- Shimmer Spray - Tattered Angels
- Foam Dots