Last week Kindred Stamps shared their most recent release, it was small but mighty. They released an ADORABLE set called Hair in the Air, and an EPIC set called Witch Sisters. I got to play with the Witch Sisters set, and boy did I had fun! This set was inspired by a movie when I haven’t seen in ages, fortunately, I had some help from another friend (who also hadn’t seen it in a long time). Sometimes it is good to bounce ideas off of people. She steered me away from the direction I had been planning to go and I found myself directed towards the direction I ended up taking. I am ever so glad I had the help! My original idea would have been fine, but I think that this card provides something unexpected and is much more in keeping with the theme.
What is the surprise, you ask? Why it is a pop-up card, whose outside is rather deceivingly simple but the inside holds all the magic!
When you open it you are greeted with buildings that pop up and out of the card and the three witch sisters in the background.
I had SO much fun making this card, from the front where I used patterned paper, something I struggle with, to the inside using a 3-dimensional aspect, something I don’t usually do. You can see a couple of process shots of my working on the background of this card:
Here is a picture of the ladies all colored, without the town in front of them:
Thank you for reading, it is my hope that I have inspired you!
- Witch Sisters - Kindred Stamps
- Standard Circles - Spellbinders
- Stitched Hillside Pop Ups Lawn Cuts - Lawn Fawn
- Town Hillside Pop-Up Lawn Cuts - Lawn Fawn
- Haunted House Collection - Carta Bella
- Arches Cold Press Watercolor Paper
- Gina K Black Cardstock
- Neenah Solar White 80 & 110 lb
- Momento Tuxedo Black
- VersaMark Watermark Ink
- Mustard Seed Distress Ink
- Black Soot Distress Ink
- Wilted Violet Distress Oxide
- Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide
- Seedless Preserves Distress Oxide
- Black Soot Distress Oxide
- Kokuyo Tape Glue Dot Liner
- Imagine Crafts Shimmer Ink
- Silver Embossing Powder
- Silver Embroidery Thread
- Sparkling Clear Droplets - Kat Scrapiness