This is Hannah, today I’m changing things up, a lot! Recently I’ve experienced a massive change in my life. In the past, I kept everything I thought and felt to myself. I was very protective of my emotions and my thoughts. During this change, I experienced massive depression and had a mental break down.
Depression has been something that has followed me nearly all my life. I’m sick and tired of it. I’m sick and tired of being sad and not being able to get out of the sadness. I also have LOADS of anxiety. I’ve always got some amount of anxiety pumping through my body. It takes everything I have to manage the anxiety, and when I’m depressed I just fail at that.
I need to figure out what is going on, how to fix it in the future and to grow from these times. I’ve decided to let people into the journey. During the most recent depressive episode, I started therapy, I’ve started working on creative/spiritual classes, and I’ve learned that sharing things helps. Talking to ANYONE is better than keeping all of those thoughts and feelings to me. In fact, opening up actually helps speed the process up!
So I’ve decided to start vlogging about what I’m going through, or what my thoughts are, while I craft. My sincerest hope is that I help someone out there, even if it is in a small tiny way. I feel strongly that I will fail in my life’s mission if I don’t help heal the world. If I can help anyone I will be one small step closer to fulfilling that mission.
In the process of vlogging we’ll make a project together! I’ll share the products I used as well as techniques. You’ll see a way of using them, and maybe you’ll be inspired or you’ll learn something! Win-Win!
Today’s video I’m creating on this canvas board using a song quote from a Dave Matthews Band song. I’m a HUGE fan of DMB, we listen to their music nearly all the time. The next several pieces I share will be lines from some of their songs.
My video is just over 20 minutes, the first half of which is me introducing my current mission to you. If you want to skip the yapping, jump to 9:06 in the video, that is where the creativity starts.
- The gesso I was using was from Golden Acrylics.
- I’m sorry, I don’t remember most of the colors I used. I have changed my process and this shouldn’t be an issue anymore. IF you really want to know what I used message me, I should be able to figure it out or get close for you.
- The gold flakes are Cosmic Shimmer Gilding Flakes.
- The DMB album is called Come Tomorrow, the song is Samurai Cop (Oh Joy Begin)
- I took the nozzle off of my pink Distress Oxide Spray because It was brand new but already clogged! Don’t let a clogged nozzle get you down, you can still use the product!
Thank you so much for being part of my journey! I will get better at my video quality, and at noting the products I used. Stick with me, I’ve got a LOT to share. 🙂
Never stop creating!